Balmoral Hotel through Scott Monument (Original Artwork)
The Balmoral Hotel as seen through the Scott Monument.
The Balmoral Hotel (Opened 1902) is one of Edinburgh’s most recognisable buildings. With stunning architecture designed by William Hamilton Beattie, situated at one end of Princess Street.
Since 1902 the hotel’s clock has been set 3 minutes fast to ensure commuters wouldn’t miss their train at Waverley station. This is still the case today (apart from 31st December when it runs on time).
The Scott Monument is a victorian gothic monument to Sir Walter Scott who was a historical novelist, poet, playwright and historian. The monument stands in Princess St Gardens in the city.
• Unique vertical style drawing of the Balmoral Hotel and clock through the Sir Walter Scott Monument in Edinburgh
• Drawing created using 0.03-0.3mm Fine ink pen and graded pencil.
• Black wooden frame with conservation mount and backing.
• Overall size H52.5cm x W35.5cm
• Original Artwork comes with signed certificate of authenticity.
• For International delivery please contact me to organise courier costs.